Friday 12 June 2009

Print analysis research and 'new media' analyses

Currently, I'm having trouble in finding 6 print adverts. I have looked in magazine's and on the Internet but these are proving hard to find. Perhaps this is due to no longer being such a popular way of advertising.

I have looked online and have been to magazine shops yet haven't been able to find adverts for either dance or pop rock music. I've been able to find adverts for pure rock music in magazines such as kerrang but magazines such as stereotypical music magazines are no longer available,

I considered other ways of advertising such as billboards yet still struggled to access these. I have used many search engines such as google and ask.com. I have looked for both adverts to promote artists and albums yet have been unsuccessful.

The significant absence suggests that advertising and promotion through magazines is no longer such a useful or efficient way of promotion. In recent years technology has advanced so much that this provides a much more efficient way of advertising.

As I could find no print adverts for either dance or pop rock, I decided to analyse 'new media', this would be accessed by my target audience so is suitable to analyse.

(Click to enlarge)





No comments:

Post a Comment